Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Lump top of right breast

(9 Posts)
ShastaBeast Mon 30-Jul-18 13:44:19

I noticed I was a bit sore a few nights ago when lying on my side and yesterday noticed a lump, or rather an area of thicker tissue, above the right breast, just below armpit level and an an inch away. The left side doesn’t have this at all, I just feel muscle. I’m losing weight which seems to have induced a period so potentially hormonal, as well as making my boobs smaller. Reading up I’m sure it’s nothing sinister, but I’m wondering if anyone has had similar and what the outcome was.

My mum and her sister both had breast cancer but were ‘older’. Mum also had lymphoma in her late 40s - I know there are lymph nodes in this area. I’m 35, had two kids in my late 20s and breast fed both for a year, healthy BMI, exercise regularly and hardly drink, never smoked so should be low risk. But it’s still worrying. Luckily I managed to get a GP appointment for this evening. I just have to manage the kids until DH gets home.

MrsArthurShappey Mon 30-Jul-18 13:49:39

You must be so worried. It might be nothing but it might be something - well done for making that appointment! Good luck for later flowers

MrsArthurShappey Fri 10-Aug-18 16:05:31

Just noticed this in TIO. How are you doing @ShastaBeast ? How did your appointment go?

lljkk Fri 10-Aug-18 19:39:11

ShastaBeast Sat 11-Aug-18 01:23:18

Hi. Thanks for asking. The GP confirmed what I felt and referred me. I will have a screening on Monday morning. I came home to a letter for an appointment for the family history breast clinic which was unexpected- my mum and auntie were late 50s / early 60s when diagnosed. GP estimated less than 1 in 10 referrals are cancer so I feel ok. Having screenings younger will help reduce the worry longer term I guess.

Charliecatpaws Sat 11-Aug-18 01:29:48

Hope all is okay with you ShastaBeast sending love and best wishes xx

lljkk Sat 11-Aug-18 08:34:30

For me younger screening is just a reason for 'them' to find question-mark things that aren't real problems at all! Leading to unnecessary investigations & even fuzzy diagnoses or even wrong diagnoses, and lots of pointless uncertainty.

You've got family history so I'm glad you went, still. I hope they can give you reassurance on Monday.

MrsArthurShappey Sun 12-Aug-18 12:32:55

Good luck on Monday flowers

Hogtini Mon 13-Aug-18 16:28:16

How did you get on OP?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: