Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Can anyone identify this rash on DS (10)

(6 Posts)
bakingbee Thu 21-Jun-18 18:02:35

I'm drawing on the collective wisdom of MN's
DS has a strange patch of rash on his back. Any suggestions?

BlackInk Fri 22-Jun-18 10:41:18

Could it be a bruise or a friction rub? Looks quite like what I've seen on my DC's backs after they've gone down a squeaky slide or something...

It wouldn't worry me (and I would think injury not rash) unless it spreads or appears in other places too.

motherofmenaces Fri 22-Jun-18 13:37:38

I agree with @BlackInk this looks more like an injury than a rash

From a squeaky slide or those itchy school/nursery carpets

Hope he is okay, is he old enough to ask what happened?

bakingbee Fri 22-Jun-18 13:53:52

He wasn't aware of it at all so no pain or itchiness. It's under the skin as opposed to on the surface iyswim. He's totally fine in himself - few similar red dots the other side of his back this morning (not clustered like this one) but hasn't spread ...

stressedoutfred Fri 22-Jun-18 14:14:24

Funnily enough my 9 year old DS appeared with a rash very similar to this! Very itchy and took a couple of days to disappear

bakingbee Fri 22-Jun-18 14:22:17

Oh that is similar apart from the itchiness. I guess I'll just wait for it to disappear as quickly as it came!
Thanks allwink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: