Talk

Advanced search

Pcos, metformin and period only ever other ovulation

(1 Post)
DaisyDreaming Wed 13-Jun-18 21:28:13

I have 2 questions, the first is does anyone else only have periods every other ovulation? It’s really odd I have all the signs of a period about to start, ovulate and then it all goes away and doesn’t come to anything.

The other question is I see lots of women go on metformin with pcos to have more regular periods, has anyone found it actually makes them ago away? I don’t understand how it works as people take it to get pregnant (I don’t) but I was having heavy periods lasting 6-8 weeks and then only a couple of weeks break but on metformin I’m only having a period every few months and they are much shorter. If I run out and stop taking it then within a week I have a period which from my understanding of metformin doesn’t make sense. I don’t want to ask my doctor as all I care about is that it seems to be helping or at least things are better but I wish I understood!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: