Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Pcos, metformin and period only ever other ovulation

(1 Post)
DaisyDreaming Wed 13-Jun-18 21:28:13

I have 2 questions, the first is does anyone else only have periods every other ovulation? It’s really odd I have all the signs of a period about to start, ovulate and then it all goes away and doesn’t come to anything.

The other question is I see lots of women go on metformin with pcos to have more regular periods, has anyone found it actually makes them ago away? I don’t understand how it works as people take it to get pregnant (I don’t) but I was having heavy periods lasting 6-8 weeks and then only a couple of weeks break but on metformin I’m only having a period every few months and they are much shorter. If I run out and stop taking it then within a week I have a period which from my understanding of metformin doesn’t make sense. I don’t want to ask my doctor as all I care about is that it seems to be helping or at least things are better but I wish I understood!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: