Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Baby spaced out

(10 Posts)
Lindah1 Wed 13-Jun-18 16:05:56

Wondering if anyone else had ever had this- baby 11 months old, out in buggy very tired, teething so had given Nurofen, all goes quiet so I assume she's asleep, when I check - eyes are wide open, can't see any blinking, it took about 20 seconds of shouting her name and rubbing to get any movement at all. Then seemed very sleepy but fine, and fell asleep shortly afterwards. Is fine now. Anyone else had this, obviously I've had the starey just about to fall asleep thing but this was different, no head to one side and eyes were wide open. Surely if it was some kind of absence shouting wouldn't snap her out of it?

anotherangel2 Wed 13-Jun-18 16:07:46

It could have been an absence which she came to from when you were shouting.

Princess9891 Wed 13-Jun-18 16:08:00

Might be nothing but I would get her checked out to be safe

Elspeth12345 Wed 13-Jun-18 16:12:38

I would definitely see a doctor or take her to A&E today.

It could be an Absence seizure as anotherangel2 says or she might have a serious conditon.

Elspeth12345 Wed 13-Jun-18 16:12:51

** condition, not conditon

Pascall Wed 13-Jun-18 16:18:40

Definitely get this checked. If it happens again, film it and show to the doctors.

Lindah1 Wed 13-Jun-18 16:30:07

I phoned the doctors, the on call doctor will call me back. Thanks

Lindah1 Wed 13-Jun-18 21:22:44

So the doctor thinks it could be an absence seizure and we've been referred. Anyone else have experience of this? Feeling very worried.

rebelrosie12 Wed 13-Jun-18 21:24:17

There was a post not long ago about this. From memory quite common and generally nothing to worry about but obv get it checked out.

Tiredofit Wed 13-Jun-18 23:34:06

Ds1 (now 22) used to do this as a baby but no one believed me was particularly concerned. He grew out of it eventually.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: