Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Did my dentist fill a healthy tooth?

(9 Posts)
MentalDental9 Wed 13-Jun-18 13:49:31

So I just came home from the dentist. I had a look in the mirror to see my fillings and I think the dentist might have filled a healthy tooth.

I drew up a dental map. Orange is what she was supposed to fill and red is what she had filled.
In my treatment plan I have the following teeth listed

UR6 MO
UL6DO
UL7MO
UR7MO

So these are my upper teeth. Not sure if she had made a mistake?! Any advice? And what can I do if she did fill a healthy tooth?

MentalDental9 Wed 13-Jun-18 13:50:39

Dental Map

MentalDental9 Wed 13-Jun-18 14:15:39

Anyone?

Judydreamsofhorses Wed 13-Jun-18 21:42:29

Are you sure you just can’t see the filling in the 7, and the other tooth was already filled ages ago? I recently had root canal in an upper 7 and I just can’t imagine a dentist making that mistake, especially as the molars are the teeth which so many people need fillings in.

MentalDental9 Wed 13-Jun-18 22:51:39

Nope I got amalgam fillings which I have never had before so yup it was definitely filled today. And I'm 100% sure my upper R7 is not filled. I don't know 🤷‍♀️ I'd like to think she didn't make a mistake but honestly I don't think there was anything wrong with my UR4

ObiJuanKenobi Wed 13-Jun-18 22:57:36

If you're notes are correct then yes they've filled the wrong one shock

MentalDental9 Wed 13-Jun-18 23:07:26

I honestly don't want me to be right but it's definitely my upper R4 and 6 I had filled today ( the others were done 3 weeks ago by the same dentist) I'm not sure what to do. Obviously it's done now but I'm quite upset.

ObiJuanKenobi Wed 13-Jun-18 23:08:33

You need to find out, is this nhs or private?

MentalDental9 Wed 13-Jun-18 23:09:20

I had the same thread in AIBU as here I wasn't getting any comments till now.
And I thought this might give you a better description of what happened today . This is From my other thread:

My upper R6 was a broken tooth. I don't think there was a cavity on my upper R4. Can't remember any pain from there or seen anything wrong with it. It was an NHS dentist. I don't know why she'd fill a healthy tooth. She was running late and I waited over 1 hour for her, maybe she was distracted? I don't know . During the appointment at some point someone came in the room and sat down a youngish 17-19 years old boy on one of the chairs in front of me. No one said a thing! They didn't ask if it was okay or anything. I felt so uncomfortable, and embarrassed... not easy to try to rinse when half of your face is numb. I mentioned the receptionist and she was apologetic and said they should have asked for my permission. I just don't know the whole appointment felt so odd.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: