Talk

Advanced search

Strange pain inside shoulder

(3 Posts)
whosafraidofabigduckfart Wed 13-Jun-18 08:05:42

I went to my doctors yesterday as I’ve a strange pain inside my shoulder.

I’ve full movement without pain but have long episodes of pain inside my shoulder joint. My arm feels like it is being pulled out of the socket and no position besides lying down gives any relief.

Sporadically I’m also getting shooting pain down my arm too.

I’ve been on anti inflammatories for about 10 days as muscles in neck and shoulder were affected (bad twitching pain in muscle at base of neck which has stopped at the moment)

It hurts lying on either side at night and sometimes is okay first thing in the morning but gets worse during the day. Things like driving are very sore (holding steering wheel)

It was a locum doctor who spoke to and acted like I was making it up. Luckily I’ve gotten a referral letter from him for orthopedic consultant but his letter has lots of ? In it (locum is a complete dick to be honest from past experience)

Can anyone help me figure out what it could be and what consultant will do.

MellowMelly Wed 13-Jun-18 08:18:07

I wondered if you have Rotator Cuff tendinitis or perhaps a pinched nerve. At least you have a referral which is a good start.
They often put lots of question marks in referral letters as it’s all ‘query this, query that’ so that’s not too unusual.

whosafraidofabigduckfart Mon 18-Jun-18 19:28:00

Back to another doctor today. The original regular locum told me to self refer to the consultant whose secretary said that was nonsense. Letter has now been sent to consultant correctly.

My new doctor asked me how I was and I broke down as the nerve pain is just overwhelming. Today I couldn’t join in conversations waiting for kids etc and my arm feels like it’s going to explode at times from pain. My kids keep asking if I’m okay and I’m as white as a ghost.

So luckily the new doctor has given me some sympathy and a new cocktail of drugs (pain killers, stronger anti-inflammatory and nerve blockers)

I don’t know how people manage this pain, I salute their bravery.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: