Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Back spasms

(3 Posts)
Elusiveone Tue 12-Jun-18 06:31:41

For the last two weeks i have been having back spasms on and off. Saw my gp who gave me back exercises to do and a weeks supply of diazepam which are not working in the slightest. This is getting me down now as i have a disabled dd and need to be mobile to help her. Anyone else have this and how did you cure it.

allypally999 Wed 13-Jun-18 13:27:07

Diazepam would normally calm this down and then recovery is over just a few days. Mine have been years apart (thank God) and it is the exercises that keep them away. Stress does not help and I suspect you have quite a busy stressful life. Perhaps anti-depressants might help? I take them and amitryptilene (for the nerve pain and migraines) together with codeine and paracetamol and the occasional ibuprofen but there is no cure. If you can get your core strength up it should help though

lljkk Thu 14-Jun-18 15:44:24

Sometimes you have to experiment, look at back exercises on youtube, too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: