Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Fybroids size 5 month fetus!?

(23 Posts)
inashizzle Sun 27-May-18 20:19:55

I had my last scan and was told one fybroid has grown since last year. I only realised I hadn't checked what exactly did she mean when she stated , it's the size of 5 month fetus. I guess I was a bit wierded out grin. Could this be the uterus size now or the actual fybroid?

Also can anyone tell me if I can justify my pregnant looking stomach on mainly that? Or am I completely in denial. My symptoms of fybroid is very heavy bleeding, huge pressure on my bladder so I have to sprint to bathroom- dreading an accident one day, it's that closeblush.

Auntpetunia2015 Sun 27-May-18 20:23:48

Could easily be the fibroid I had one removed 6 years ago..was weighed at 7llb !

AJPTaylor Sun 27-May-18 20:36:19

Yep. I had a hysterectomy. Mine was 8lb. I did look about 7 months pregnant

inashizzle Sun 27-May-18 20:37:27

7lbshock. Auntpetunia? How do they remove it? I'm a tad squeemish and afraid to google much in case I get scared out of my wits!
I also have hydronephrosis( my kidney dosnt drain properly) so I wondered is my swollen stomach due to this.
Or maybe being premenopausal I just need to work harder on diet and excersise . I am about 1.5 stone overweight but never had a protruding stomach before.

Ginger1982 Sun 27-May-18 20:45:31

I had an 18lb cyst removed 17 years ago...

Stickmangate Sun 27-May-18 20:46:31

I had one taken out after being pregnant (grows during pregnancy due to hormones). Don’t know exactly how large mine was but it did get mistaken for baby’s head while pregnant!

I had to have an op as too big for keyhole. Went in same plAce as c section scar. A year after giving birth dr said my uterus was still expanded like I was 5/6 months pregnant.

inashizzle Sun 27-May-18 20:57:55

Wow ! I didn't even imagine they could get that big. I'm going to a gynie appointment 6th June and hope to be a bit clued up.

I'd been admitted last year for pain lower left abdomen, after being scanned . That's when they'd discovered my swollen kidney( that I'd never had any major symptoms with) I think my fybroid problem was put on a back burner whilst they took over with kidney. I was told that last year the fybroids were large but shrink after period.! I also get like a pulling ache on my left side like something is dragging down at side of waist. Looking back I did have similar problem in pregnancy but this was 12 years ago.
Any advice much appreciated as it time I got a grip on it all;)

inashizzle Sun 27-May-18 21:03:13

What was the 18lb cyst*Ginger1986 * flowers

Ginger1982 Sun 27-May-18 22:20:23

It was just an ovarian cyst full of fluid. I can attach a photo if anyone is so inclined to see it....

inashizzle Sun 27-May-18 22:24:51

Near trembling with squeem Ginger1982shock . If others want to see I'm cool with that... I think I'd get a bit hysterical . Blimey I wonder if I can get a snap of mine (nervous lol)

Ginger1982 Sun 27-May-18 23:06:04

They took Polaroid's because it was so big! 😆

applesandpears56 Sun 27-May-18 23:11:24

What is your bp like? Kidneys regulate bp.

inashizzle Sun 27-May-18 23:27:19

They've never mentioned that of late applesandpears56. I used to faint a few times during pregnancy, one nurse found it strange that my blood pressure was lower lying down than standing up? One gp said my faint spells were just the way I wasconfused. I know that my right kidney is at 35%. It is being monitored for now as I don't experience any pain there. They will operate if the functionability goes under 30 . When I'd mentioned to another gp that I'd tried ibreufen to reduce bleeding she said I should never take that. The consultant didn't give any advice at all other than go straight to a&e if I got pain in right side.

inashizzle Sun 27-May-18 23:38:20

I'm just realising how ignorant I am of medical matters and basic organ function. Didn't even know kidneys regulate bp! So it's hard to know if my anemia from heavy periods or kidney is to blame for feeling a bit shakey, t.a.t.t . When I look back, if I ever had a dip urine test the nurse would mention protein in urine(which I now think indicates kidney prob?) but no infection so nurse they shrugged it off.

Weedthemout Sun 27-May-18 23:40:05

I had two at 19 and 20cm of width in fluid so I imagine they would be pretty hefty.

Weedthemout Sun 27-May-18 23:40:41

And I definitely looked fairly pregnant.

inashizzle Sun 27-May-18 23:46:42

I'm not glad that you all had that symptom, I just didn't want to kid myself that it's due to medical and find out after I'm treated that I'm same size as before. To be fair I've slowed down loads. I'd say 15 days out of 30 I've lost my mojo.

applesandpears56 Mon 28-May-18 09:40:40

God yes don’t take ibuprofen- it’s terrible for the kidneys
I’d take your bp yourself
I’d also want to know the cause of the kidney issues - has your heart been given the ok?

applesandpears56 Mon 28-May-18 09:42:09

Yes protein in urine indicates kidney problems too

I was the same - my daughter has kidney issues and I had no idea kidneys and bp were linked at all

inashizzle Mon 28-May-18 09:56:37

There's a blockage, so that's causing it to hold water. It's probably from birth, only found out by chance when the gp had sent me for a scan for suspected fybroids.Do find it strange that upon finding protein in urine that nothing further was looked into. I count myself lucky that I don't have kidney pain, I hope your daughter is getting good care.

inashizzle Mon 28-May-18 10:04:25

I'm under urology . The surgeon removed small polips last year. He went to give me the choice of big op to unblock, (they put stents in for a time , then remove stent later weeks) but then said monitor for a while. The strange thing about it is that I could go years without the functionability decreasing. I asked if it could be a reason that I get tired(my gp said she didn't know how I coped?). He said no ! I guess if I had it from birth I wouldn't know the difference anywaygrin

stopfuckingshoutingatme Sat 02-Jun-18 17:40:32

Me too . Had it cut out eventually after years of grief . That’s too large to bear really sad

stopfuckingshoutingatme Sat 02-Jun-18 17:43:51

I would imagine at that scale they would advise surgery OP
It’s a 6 to 8 week recovery time but now I have a flatter stomach , easier periods and have got my health and fitness back

I hated it I could just feel this mass all the time

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: