Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Odd results from pelvic ultrasound scan

(14 Posts)
BryanAdamsLeftAnkle Tue 08-May-18 19:43:51

I was referred for an ultrasound scan by my GP lots of pelvic issues including unusual bleeding patterns etc. GP suggested peri menopause. I had cervical cancer removed 6 years ago still on yearly smears ..urghhh

My initial scan showed a number of cysts towards my cervix and she asked to do a vaginal scan which I consented too. She had been doing a lot of clicking and furrowed brow faces.

Asked if I was pregnant and I said no. I had sterilisation during my caesarean a few years ago and a couple of years ago I had an ablation due to heavy periods.

After the scan I asked to see the findings (I'm a student nurse nearish to qualification and am fairly nosy too) she showed me the pictures she had taken all small fluid filled cysts quite a large number but small.

However one she showed me was higher up in my womb and she explained that its presentation looked like a pregnancy and was in the right place but with no heartbeat and instead of being fluid filled was filled with debris. It was measuring 7 ish weeks ...to look at it it looked like my early scans with my other children.

No idea really what I am asking but can anyone give me some ideas on what this may be.

BryanAdamsLeftAnkle Tue 08-May-18 19:56:07

Sorry. Meant to say I'm early forties and my family is complete. Also have named changed incase I'm recognised and friends want to head tilt

mayhew Tue 08-May-18 19:58:35

What follow up was suggested?
Do a pregnancy test, sterilisation occasionally fails.

MadameJosephine Tue 08-May-18 20:05:21

When she said it was measuring 7ish weeks did she mean the sac or could she see a fetal Pole? At 7 weeks if she could see a pole you would expect to see a heartbeat too.

BryanAdamsLeftAnkle Tue 08-May-18 20:11:10

Pregnancy test was negative. There was what looked to be a sac there and other items in the sac. She said to her it looked like a pregnancy but no heartbeat?

I am genuinely confused. It will teach me to be so bloody nosy wont it and just wait for a consultants appointment

MrsMozart Tue 08-May-18 20:19:16

No useful words, but sending supportive thoughts for a quick diagnosis and successful treatment.

bobstersmum Tue 08-May-18 21:00:55

Isn't that a molar pregnancy? Sorry if I totally wrong op!

BryanAdamsLeftAnkle Tue 08-May-18 21:30:43

Oh that's an interesting option. I just feel unable to look anything up because I genuinely don't know what I'm looking at. Thank you.

BryanAdamsLeftAnkle Tue 08-May-18 21:32:47

Just peeked at dr google and yeah. I'm not going to look at that any further until I get feedback from GP or consultant.

Going to need more wine

bobstersmum Tue 08-May-18 21:40:31

It is definitely best not to Google until you know what you are dealing with. Hope all turns out OK for you.

mumof06darlings Tue 22-May-18 02:26:21

How are you op?

BryanAdamsLeftAnkle Tue 22-May-18 03:16:34

Lying in a hospital room sore and exhausted. Urgh. I see the consultant in the morning who can hopefully give me answers

BryanAdamsLeftAnkle Tue 22-May-18 12:55:46

I have my answer. I have a haemorrhagic cyst in my ovary and adenomyosis.

octoberfarm Wed 23-May-18 02:59:13

So sorry to hear that OP thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: