Talk

Advanced search

Feeling down during period

(3 Posts)
maria111111 Fri 17-Apr-20 12:13:37

@Frequentflyer1Omg you describe the way I feel 100%. I can’t believe it. I get the usual on edge/more anxious a few days before but the doom feeling (together with physical symptoms) starts from period and a few days in.

Have you found anything that helped? I’m so glad you wrote and do sorry you didn’t get much replies.

xxx

sheddooropen Fri 20-Apr-18 17:52:44

Mood swings are expected around periods, try bio strath its a natural medicine/tonic, my mum and nan have been using that when they went through rough patches and it seems to work for them. Speak to your GP they might be able to help for the mood swings too

Frequentflyer1 Fri 20-Apr-18 10:41:18

Hello everyone,

I am looking for anyone who is familiar with how I am feeling and if they know how to help!

I came off my pill 18 months ago as my husband and I wanted to start TTC this year. I have noticed that since coming off I have become more and more "down" leading up to / during the first few days of my period. The rest of the month I am my normal self.

I know this is normal to some extent, but I feel like my mood is a little extreme - I have at least 2 or 3 days feeling incredibly anxious and sad; tears are inevitable. I wake up with a pit in my stomach, like a feeling of dread and I just can't shift it. Sometimes I feel like I am in a huge fog that I can't clear and everything is so hard. Some days I don't even move or go out and I won't want to talk to any of my friends as I just can't face it. I have to force myself to get some fresh air and make the effort to chat and not isolate myself.

Can anyone suggest anything to help with this? Are there any vitamins I could take? I exercise regularly and eat a balanced diet. I know it is just for a few days each month but I really don't think it's normal and I'd love to find something to help me out.

Thanks so much.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in