Talk

Advanced search

Lump in Upper Abdomen, not showing on ultrasound.

(6 Posts)
Move12345 Wed 18-Apr-18 12:44:40

Hi,

I have a lump it's hard and moves. It's next to my right ribcage a couple ribs up. I've had it a couple of months now atleast. I went for an ultrasound of my lower abdomen as the doctor thought I may have an ovarian cyst due to bad stomach bloating. I mentioned the lump to the sonographer, she scanned around the area but couldn't see the lump but she could feel it.

I went to the doctors today scan was all fine. Doctor could feel the lump too. Didn't say what it could be. Sonographer mentioned possibly a hernia. The doctor gave me paper work to self refer and book an appointment for the next month or two. But when I left she came after me and said she want to book me as urgent to see a surgeon so I'd get seen in the next couple of weeks instead.

You can't feel it when I lie flat. But if i stand, sit or lie on my left side you can. It's about 3cm by 2cm. If I sit perched on my left side it moves further into the centre. It doesn't hurt but I can feel it there and can sometimes feel abit uncomfortable.

I'm not worried about it. But was wondering if anyone has any idea of what it is?

OP’s posts: |
DumbleDee Wed 18-Apr-18 20:58:52

Could it be a Lipoma? I have one in my right side. I had an ultrasound on it and this is what they confirmed it was.

Move12345 Mon 23-Apr-18 09:40:53

Thank you for the reply Dumble Dee.
The doctor didn't mention what she thought it could be. Couldn't see it on the ultrasound. Been referred to the surgeon just waiting for a letter with my appointment on

digerd Mon 23-Apr-18 10:48:50

I-had-a-lump-which-did-not-show-up-under-ultra-sound-and-was-told-that-meant-it-was-a-fluid-filled-cyst.

Move12345 Wed 25-Apr-18 20:47:26

They told me it could be a Hernia. It's gotten bigger recently so going back to the doctors tomorrow

Mamabearxox Mon 08-Jul-19 20:43:26

Hi there.

I've been searching and searching for what's been going on with me, and what you were suffering from in the above message sounds almost identical to mine. I've had a stabbing pain (initially it felt like a stitch) in my left ribcage. Long story, short... I found a lump on my ribcage and like yours, it moves and seems to disappear when I lie down, although it still feels a bit "swollen". When I suck my belly in, it's actually a small visible bulge. I had an ultrasound last week but they couldn't see anything on the ultrasound. I am feeling awfully discouraged as I've been suffering from an awful lot of pain in that site (not the lump itself) and have no appetite and when I eat, it makes me feel more pain and sickness... what was the outcome of your lump, if you don't mind me asking?

Many thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »