Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Please tell me this anxiety and tearfulness will get better?

(4 Posts)
catsatonthemat Tue 13-Mar-18 17:58:57

At the moment I am under a lot of pressure after a random lump appeared on my arm and after 5 weeks of problems and scans etc I've got to have a biopsy. I am fairly convinced the lump is benign and seems to be getting smaller. But in the process of this lump I've been told it's a blood clot, it's a rare disease, it's an infection and now I'm being told it's either a lump that is benign or a lump that is a rare form of cancer.

I feel sick almost all the time with nerves, I'm in pain as have tension in my neck, back and shoulders, I am tearful, I keep getting dark thoughts about dying of cancer and worrying about my young kids. I'm not sleeping well at all.

I have been passed from pillar to post within the NHS over the past few weeks and whilst every one has been great, I have no single person looking after me. The person who ordered the biopsy said the results would not go back to him and he didn't know who would be taking me on after. So I feel lost with it all.
I'm seeing my GP tomorrow and so will ask them to help. It just all feels a bit big to cope with and process and I hate being so anxious and crying all the time, anxiety attacks at night etc.

I'm just praying it goes away after the biopsy results.

applesandpears56 Tue 13-Mar-18 18:58:10

Well yes it’ll go away once you get a diagnosis because the cause of your anxiety atm is the awful uncertainty you are facing. Uncertainty is very hard to deal with - especially when such scary illnesses are being thrown around but not confirmed or explained.
Unfortunately having the different teams who don’t talk to each other is just the way the nhs works. Find a gp that you like, ask all correspondence to be copied to them and book regular appointments
You don’t have anxiety - you are in an anxious situation

GeorgeHerbert Tue 13-Mar-18 20:18:38

So sorry to hear you are going through this. Your anxiety sounds perfectly normal and as pp said, once you know what you are dealing with it is likely that acute anxiety will subside. Please talk to your GP, they should be able to both support you and explain what is going on.

catsatonthemat Wed 14-Mar-18 07:03:33

Thank you both. I'm making a list of questions for my GP as we speak. I actually slept better last night for the first time since this all started.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: