Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Cost of toxoplasmosis during pregnancy?

(3 Posts)
tashen Tue 13-Mar-18 07:28:42

Hello

Just wondering whether there is a cost associated with the toxoplasmosis blood test, and if so how much?... or whether it is available free on the NHS. (Just entered the second trimester).

Cheers thank you!

mikesh909 Tue 13-Mar-18 07:31:44

I mentioned this to my mw and she just wrote it on my bloods form as an extra. That was at booking in though. I would imagine if you ask / explain your concerns, she would be able to arrange for you to get it done through the gp. I've also had an extra one for slapped cheek this time, that didn't cost anything either. Hth.

tashen Tue 13-Mar-18 12:27:37

I have family who live in France and over there it's a routine test but the nurse who did my blood test said that it was rare to perform such a test. She didn't know how much it would cost or how long it would take to get my results nor what the test was actually detecting (I.e. for immunity or infection). Very puzzling. She seemed to be under the impression it would be free because it had been upon the doctor's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: