Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Stepdads Cancer tests and results confusion ?

(13 Posts)
meme70 Mon 12-Mar-18 16:32:04

Hi my stepdad is 59 he has had prostrate problems a year 2 weeks ago he had to have scans and a biopsy as there’s a lump.
He had a text message 6 days after the tests and it said
You have an appointment in the chemotherapy unit at hospital (tomorrow) which is 12 days after tests a letter will follow.

The letter said the same he has an appointment in the chemo unit Tuesday 13 th March

He has had no oncology appointment for results not see anyone for results and I know other people who had cancer tests at the same hospital they saw they oncology doctor for results and treatment consultation

Does anyone know if this is normal my friends father in law has radiotherapy no chemo but oncology app first ?

Thankyou

DrinkFeckArseGirls Mon 12-Mar-18 16:33:07

HE needs to call the hospital and clarify.

missyB1 Mon 12-Mar-18 16:41:01

Jeez that's terrible. who would send a bloody txt like that?! He needs to ring and find out whats going on. If it turns out (and I really hope not) that's its cancer and he needs treatment then he needs to put in a complaint about the txt.

meme70 Mon 12-Mar-18 16:48:21

He won’t ring the hospital and won’t allow anyone to he’s just going tomorrow ?
Our hospital has loads cut backs and we didn’t know if the appointment was to see a doctor for the results in the chemo unit ?

DumbleDee Mon 12-Mar-18 19:38:21

That is appalling. You need to escalate it that's awful!

meme70 Mon 12-Mar-18 20:22:06

Would you not have a Doctors app in a chemotherapy unit ?

missyB1 Mon 12-Mar-18 21:00:03

I hope he’s not going alone to the appointment? It may well be an appointment to see the Consultant, but that’s not the point! You don’t send a patient a txt telling them to come to the chemo unit when no diagnosis has been given!

meme70 Mon 12-Mar-18 21:14:26

No he’s not going alone my mum said she would they’ve split up
I asked if anyone was going he said yes

I agree but he’s very much a man and isn’t really being too clear on anything I hunk obviously scared

AlexaAmbidextra Tue 13-Mar-18 00:53:32

It's possible that he is seeing the oncologist in the chemo unit. Ours hold some clinics there.

Draylon Tue 13-Mar-18 22:17:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MadameJosephine Tue 13-Mar-18 22:57:51

draylon how rude! OP’s family will obviously be going through a very difficult time. She is under no obligation to entertain you with the details!

Draylon Wed 14-Mar-18 21:15:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MadameJosephine Thu 15-Mar-18 07:53:27

With all due respect draylon that’s not what you said though is it? What you actually did was post you must update! on a thread where the OP is trying to process some potentially bad news

Anyway, OP I hope everything gets sorted and he gets the treatment he needs. If indeed it was the case that they sent a chemotherapy appt to him before he’s even discussed a diagnosis then that definitely warrants a complaint

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: