Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

What healthy habits/things do you do to boost physical and mental wellbeing?

(8 Posts)
Mamaalwaysworried Thu 08-Mar-18 15:20:27

After a few years of neglecting myself and my wellbeing due to having two babies, I’d like to adopt some new daily habits to boost my wellbeing, both physically and mentally. I used to love taking care of myself, but haven’t found the time recently but now want to change that make MAKE TIME!

What things do you recommend? I know for example some people drink warm water in the morning before any food as it’s good for cleansing your system, or beauty tips etc.

Any thing and any tips will be great.

elQuintoConyo Thu 08-Mar-18 15:24:37

Zumba 1 hour a week (at ds' school and they give free childcare).
1 hour swim a week (€4 and i swim when ds is in his swim class).
Walk the dog.
Sew.

Food...well, as much fruit and veg as possible, but i'm not a healthy food nut, many lapses!

Don't care if the house is messy but i don't like dirt.

Quite happy to stop watching a tv series or reading a book midway through if it is boring! Ditched "friends" i dont have anything in common with. Martied a good man grin

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Thu 08-Mar-18 15:51:13

I'm trying to do this too. I got pnd after dc1's birth and now have ptsd after dc2's birth. sad

So far I have:

- bought myself an aromatherapy diffuser and essential oil I really like which really helps me relax in the evening

- started listening to music around the house when I am doing chores

- started moisturising my face twice a day

- started taking vitamins

I'm trying to think of more things!

elQuintoConyo Thu 08-Mar-18 19:29:30

flowers Lorelai

Little by little.

Do things that make life easier - clear that annoying junk drawer then put useful things back in. Empty a drawer on the bed and chuck old knickers etc that are past their best before date. That annoying squeaky door - whack some olive oil on it.

Then have a cup of tea and 30 mins MN.

Prioritising yourself every now and then - let alone once or twice a day - can be difficult to do. I have one 6yo and i find it hard to prioritise myself once a week! Be kind to yourself flowers

sportyfool Thu 08-Mar-18 19:34:34

Go to gym
Classes .

BishopstonFaffing Thu 08-Mar-18 19:35:38

I work in a school and have a massage every holiday (usually the last day of term or the first day of the holiday). Not cheap but worth every penny. I really noticed the difference the year I didn't do it.

BatFinked Thu 08-Mar-18 22:42:46

Pilates - 3 or 4 times a week

Collagen supplement - but you need the 10000 mg stuff

OutrageousFlavourLikeFreesias Tue 13-Mar-18 17:15:08

Daily Yoga. There are some great YouTubers (I love Yoga With Adriene but I'm sure there are others) and all you need is half an hour a day, and an internet connection. It's my favourite small change ever.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: