Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Please help - what is this read, itchy, dry patch on my face?

(10 Posts)
WhatIsOnMyFace Sun 25-Feb-18 11:55:04

Hello, I wanted to post here as I have no idea what Is wrong with the dry, itchy, red patched on my face. What are they? How can I get rid of them? I have had the, since mid January's and I have been applying Savlon, unfortunately they still won't budge and I am concerned the Patch on my forehead is growing bigger. Luckily I can cover them with makeup, but I just want to get rid of them. They are unsightly and irritating.
Photos are attached, I have the patch on my left cheek and right side of my forehead

WhatIsOnMyFace Sun 25-Feb-18 11:55:53

Sorry, I just noticed stupid typo in title. Obviously meant to say red, not read. Stupid autocorrect on phone 🙄

brownelephant Sun 25-Feb-18 11:57:13

ringworm?
that's a fungal infection which needs anti fungal cream.
show it to a pharmacist?

Aridane Sun 25-Feb-18 11:58:05

A patch of excess?

Aridane Sun 25-Feb-18 11:58:39

excema !

Aridane Sun 25-Feb-18 11:59:14

eczema however it’s spelt

picklemepopcorn Sun 25-Feb-18 11:59:17

Looks like eczema to me, too.

WhatIsOnMyFace Sun 25-Feb-18 12:00:41

Oh god ringworm sounds scary and gross! I will definitely show it to a pharmacist. How would I have caught ringworm?

PollyPerky Sun 25-Feb-18 12:48:16

You don't usually get ringworm or fungus on the face.

Looks more like eczema. If it's facial eczema you need to see your GP because 0.5% hydrocortisone is available only on prescription.

WhatIsOnMyFace Sun 25-Feb-18 13:03:07

Okay. I think it might be eczema to be honest, I had a similar thing las year but it went away. I will book an appointment and hopefully I get one soon - it's just irritating and really doesn't look nice

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: