Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Educate yourselves on sepsis.

(5 Posts)
Mrsjellybum Mon 19-Feb-18 06:47:28

So there are lots and lots of threads debating if / when people should go to A&E. Lots of comments saying it may be sepsis.

Firstly I feel if anyone feels unwell enough to have to post on here and ask the question, then they should just seek medical attention straight away.

However I feel everyone needs to read up on sepsis and educate themselves in the facts. I feel lots of people on here most likely have but I'll just leave this here for everyone to peruse

https://sepsistrust.org/what-is-sepsis/

confusedhelpme Mon 19-Feb-18 06:48:38

👍🏼

SmittenApril Mon 19-Feb-18 07:19:57

Thanks for posting

ilovesprouts Mon 19-Feb-18 10:02:05

a friend of mine has just lost his ex to sepsis they have two young kids 😢

Tanfastic Mon 19-Feb-18 11:01:16

I'm currently suffering with bacterial tonsillitis and also a urine infection and some of my symptoms came up on the symptoms for sepsis. I was worried and dragged myself to the walk in centre but its tonsillitis. I did notice a big poster in the waiting room about sepsis so I think doctors and nurses do seem on the ball with it a lot more than they used to be.

I think the problem is patients getting themselves looked at early enough and not being fobbed off by a crusty old gp with a virus or flu.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: