Talk

Advanced search

What to take for a cold

(2 Posts)
newmama2018 Sun 18-Feb-18 23:23:47

Hiya, I can't take cold and flu remedies because I can't have decongestants but I've suddenly developed ANOTHER cold in two weeks. It's been about 10yrs since I was last ill and now I've got a second cold right after my first!

I've taken paracetamol and have lanolin for my nose and mouth but is there anything better and stronger in anyone experience? School starts again this week and I'd rather not feel this wiped out!

TIA

MountainDweller Mon 19-Feb-18 02:19:45

I can't take decongestants either. I am torn between 'sweating it out' and throwing everything I can at it! Can you treat the other symptoms individually - use a local decongestant, a nasal spray like otrivine? Can you take antihistamine? If you can't take either olbas oil on a tissue might help. Then paracetamol and/or ibuprofen for headache, sore throat and fever. Sore throat sweets - tyrozets to numb, strepsils to soothe? Sore throat spray? Vitamin C, zinc and echinacea also help some people.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: