Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Weird feeling in my armpit!

(4 Posts)
Jux Wed 14-Feb-18 17:09:03

It's been going on for a couple of days. Details are
Right arm, not really the pit but where the arm joins the body towards the front, just outside the pit.
It pulses, kind of. It's a weird pushing feeling, quite deep in and painful but not in a way that makes you shriek. It's a kind of deep dead pain, like it's really deep inside where maybe there aren't so many pain receptors? I had an angiogram recently, they went in through my wrist and I got a 'fluttering' feeling when the tube was pushing through there, in pretty well exactly this place.( My arteries are fine, btw.)

I'm seeing a cardiac surgeon tomorrow preparatory to my upcoming aortic valve replacement. I'll mention it to him, but I'd quite like to know if anyone has any idea what it might be. It's periodic, not constant.

PhyllisWig Wed 14-Feb-18 19:49:27

Really stupid question but do you wear an under wired bra and have you lost weight/got new bras?

I have had that kind of pain and had it checked out and was advised it was a nerve aggravated by an underwire. Sounds silly but worth a mention.

Jux Mon 19-Feb-18 00:10:24

Thank you! I lost this thread at the bottom of TIO. I don't wear wired bras anymore though, and have lost no weight - might have gained some!

When you said about aggravated nerves, I realised that's probably just another thing ms is doing and nothing much to worry about. MS is all about nerves doing things for no apparent reason, which hurt! This is mild in comparison to some I've had, so I'll just be glad of that, and ignore it.

Thanks, m'dear.

mayhew Mon 19-Feb-18 08:33:26

I get weird pain in my armpit related to shoulder tendinitis. The tendons have a low grade inflammation that come and go.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: