Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Weight loss 1 year postpartum!?

(3 Posts)
Northernbird11 Wed 14-Feb-18 14:05:49

I was always around 12st before I got pregnant, which I know isn’t slim at 5’7 but was normal for me. After I gave birth to DS in January 2017 I was 12st 9lb for ages. People had commented I’ve lost weight so I weighed myself and I’m now 11st 5lbs. The thing is I haven’t tried at all, so should I be concerned? I think I’m a bit on edge as my grandad was recently diagnosed with cancer and the main reason he went to the doctor was cos he had lost weight.
Is it quite normal what you have a 1 year old?

Desmondo2016 Wed 14-Feb-18 14:07:37

Very normal, it's happened every time to me. It's all the erratic eating and sleeping, running around, lugging 10kgs around and pushing a pram. Make the most of it bit make sure you're fuelling yourself enough with healthy food (some of the time!) X

Northernbird11 Thu 15-Feb-18 16:36:14

That’s made me feel a bit better, thank you x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: