Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

quick question about small finger wound

(6 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 14-Feb-18 11:58:14

I feel a bit silly asking about something so little but I seem to be getting one thing after the other at the moment.

I got a small scrape on my finger on Saturday in the garden. One of those little lift the flap ones. The skin came off that night. It started weeping a bit Sunday, but just clear normal weeping. It dried up a bit but this morning it's all weepy again - yellow and looks like an ulcer.

I've only just finished antiobiotics for a chest infection on Monday. Surely this can't be infected. Is it normal for things to be extra slow. Can I treat it myself somehow? If I ignore it, will it magically go away? I really don't want to bother the gp for something so little.

hesterton Wed 14-Feb-18 12:00:20

I have always found salt water soaks to help, with the disclaimer of watching for streaks of red inflammation upwards of the would.

hesterton Wed 14-Feb-18 12:00:37

Sorry, wound.

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 14-Feb-18 12:04:35

I'll try that smile thanks!

hesterton Wed 14-Feb-18 12:08:53

Hope it gets better soon.

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 14-Feb-18 12:38:39

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now