Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Leg pain

(2 Posts)
Strawberryshortcake40 Tue 13-Feb-18 16:16:02

For a few months now I have had weird muscular leg pain. It's like calf cramp but runs down the front of my thighs. It aches a lot of the time but in the cold or if I walk/drive then the cramping starts. Today I was nearly in tears trying to drive.

I vaguely remember having something like this before but really bad for a day and the dr diagnosed a virus but ran a series of blood tests, which showed up a vit d deficiency. I'm wondering if that could have caused the cramping, rather than a virus? Although then it went away after a few days.

I need to get myself to a dr I guess but last time I went because I always feel so tired the dr suggested I was depressed and suggested antidepressants. So I expect I will get the same response again!

Lichtie Tue 13-Feb-18 17:09:22

I've had similar issues in the past, doctors guessed all sorts. Ended up finding myself a really good physio who straight away knew the problem was in my mid back and sorted it within half an hour.
But see your GP first.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: