Talk

Advanced search

40 years old and pelvic floor

(3 Posts)
vilamoura2003 Mon 12-Feb-18 20:46:59

So out of the blue, my pelvic floor seems to be giving up the ghost. Have never had a problem but have noticed that when I go to the toilet, I have a very small amount of dribble (sorry for TMI), in my knickers - about the size of a 50p piece.

I don't ever get where I feel like I am going to wet myself if I don't get to a loo but have just had a sneezing fit and am sure I have again dribbled slightly.

As I have never done any pelvic floor exercises before the age of 40, am I too late? Have I missed the boat or will I still be able to get it back?

Anybody have any suggestions for a pelvic floor exerciser/weights/machine etc?

The joys of being a woman blush

SweetMoon Mon 12-Feb-18 20:55:00

Sorry I have no advice, but I'm in the same boat so would love to know if it's game over or if it's not too late too

PenguinsandPandas Mon 12-Feb-18 21:20:12

I also didn't do pelvic floor after having children then after around 11 years started having issues. Being seen by urology and they advise doing kegels for 6 months before they will consider surgery so yes definitely start. I haven't precise instructions yet but think its 3 lots of 10 a day.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: