Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

40 years old and pelvic floor

(3 Posts)
vilamoura2003 Mon 12-Feb-18 20:46:59

So out of the blue, my pelvic floor seems to be giving up the ghost. Have never had a problem but have noticed that when I go to the toilet, I have a very small amount of dribble (sorry for TMI), in my knickers - about the size of a 50p piece.

I don't ever get where I feel like I am going to wet myself if I don't get to a loo but have just had a sneezing fit and am sure I have again dribbled slightly.

As I have never done any pelvic floor exercises before the age of 40, am I too late? Have I missed the boat or will I still be able to get it back?

Anybody have any suggestions for a pelvic floor exerciser/weights/machine etc?

The joys of being a woman blush

SweetMoon Mon 12-Feb-18 20:55:00

Sorry I have no advice, but I'm in the same boat so would love to know if it's game over or if it's not too late too

PenguinsandPandas Mon 12-Feb-18 21:20:12

I also didn't do pelvic floor after having children then after around 11 years started having issues. Being seen by urology and they advise doing kegels for 6 months before they will consider surgery so yes definitely start. I haven't precise instructions yet but think its 3 lots of 10 a day.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: