Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Surgery soon

(8 Posts)
Kimmy0323 Sun 11-Feb-18 19:24:06

Has anyone every had a dermoid cyst removed from ovary ??

Pinkywoo Mon 12-Feb-18 12:35:21

Yes I had 3 off my right ovary a few weeks ago, and they found another on my left that will need removing in the future. It's normally done as keyhole so minimal scars, but you will need to take it easy at first, do you know what size it is!?

Kimmy0323 Mon 12-Feb-18 15:03:14

Hope your receiving well 😊
8cm on my right side go in tomorrow x

Pinkywoo Mon 12-Feb-18 17:35:02

They thought mine was a 10cm cyst, but once the surgeon was in there it turned out to be three separate ones, and one had a whole tooth in! Sadly they don't let you keep them any more. The one thing no-one warned me about was that I'd bleed (like a period but bright red blood) so take sanitary towels, and sweets to help with post anaesthetic dry mouth. Good luck, it'll all be over soon flowers

Kimmy0323 Mon 12-Feb-18 17:45:16

Thanks so much ☺️
They sound delightful was told they can have teeth hair etc lol!!
Did they keep you in hospital x

Pinkywoo Mon 12-Feb-18 18:28:42

They were going to, but I was desperate to get back to my own bed! I was told if I had walked to the loo and had a wee, and eaten by the time my drip finished they would discharge me, so I managed it and went home the same day.

Kimmy0323 Mon 12-Feb-18 20:23:57

That’s good too know 👍🏻

Pinkywoo Mon 12-Feb-18 21:12:45

Hope it goes well x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: