Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Temperatures

(8 Posts)
Kellie137 Sat 10-Feb-18 20:23:18

So I’ve had lots of blood tests because two came back high for inflammation in my body. The doctors then picked up on the fact I’ve had a raised temperature since July last year and they are quite concerned. I have been referred to disease and infections clinic which is where they send people when they have a fever and they can’t understand why. But my temperature varies from 37.5 and 38.2. I wouldn’t necessarily think this was too high is it? I mean 37 degrees is the average so I’m not massively out.

lljkk Sat 10-Feb-18 21:35:01

Why did you have lots of blood tests? What made you think you were ill.

Kellie137 Sun 11-Feb-18 06:48:02

I was very tired a lot of the time and felt generally unwell, dizziness, blurred vision. So I had the routine blood tests to check thyroid, blood sugars and it’s progressed from there really with different tests several times

Rainbowsandflowers78 Sun 11-Feb-18 08:43:30

37 is high. Most people have a temp of 36 something. 38 is a fever.

Generallyok Sun 11-Feb-18 08:59:38

I often feel a little under the weather with very bad fatigue. If I take my temp it is often 37.7. Haven't ever really thought of it as being a concern. My temp fluctuates wildly when I am tired, stressed, hormonal. I'm suprised that this been flagged up as a worry. I always thought that people's base temp are all different.

ljlkk Sun 11-Feb-18 09:40:27

That sounds awful, all the blood tests I mean.
I guess they ruled out all the anemias. Except you didn't mention them.

DottyGiraffe Sun 11-Feb-18 15:24:51

I thought 37 is average body temp. So some people's normal will be 36.something and some people's normal will be just over 37. In hospital, a temperature is 37.5 or above, but assume under 38 would be a low grade temp.

Rainbowsandflowers78 Sun 11-Feb-18 16:37:26

No 37 isn’t average

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: