Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Achilles’ tendon lengthening operation

(4 Posts)
hennipenni Thu 08-Feb-18 08:29:53

Hi my 17 year old daughter is in the waiting list for this, she’s going to be in for the day. Has anybody had this done? Is it feasible that she’ll return to college after a couple of days like her surgeon says? She’ll have a walking cast on etc

Munchyseeds Thu 08-Feb-18 10:07:02

Had it done on one leg when I was about 7 years old (a long time ago!)
Had a walking cast and didn't have much time off school.
Your daughter is much older so should manage fine
Hope all goes well

hennipenni Thu 08-Feb-18 17:08:08

Thank you, that’s reassuring. She had massive health problems last year and the lengthening is due to a side effect of her condition. She completely missed out on Year 11 GCSE’s so we are concerned incase it impacts on her college work (working from home isn’t an option for her)

Chocolou Thu 08-Feb-18 17:18:18

My dad had both his legs done at the same time when he was 6. Had walking cast on. Was up and about in a couple of days. Much to my horror he even tried skate boarding shock

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: