Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Could it be gallstones?

(3 Posts)
itshappenedagain Wed 07-Feb-18 22:17:53

Has anyone else experienced this, I've had pain just under my ribs for over two weeks now. It was also in my lower abdomen and groin but that cleared up after antibiotics from what they said was a kidney infection. I had an ultrasound scan on Friday but I'm awaiting results ( and my doctors surgery are not the quickest at getting results back to you)
Has anyone else had this. Was it gallstones?

Inthishouse Wed 07-Feb-18 22:22:10

Is it a constant pain or does it get worse after eating? When I had gallstones it was unbearable after food, particularly anything fatty or acid. It was utterly miserable!

Chaosandmadness Wed 07-Feb-18 22:24:22

Could be. My gallstones gave me a constant dull ache under my right ribs with the delightful added bonus of biliary colic 4-5 times a month which was THE worse pain ever. I also had lots of indigestion regularly. I was told I had stones at my scan so no waiting around for results

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now