Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pregnancy after incisional hernia & rectus diastasis repair.

(1 Post)
Boogiewoogie12 Wed 07-Feb-18 22:13:48

Hi there...is anyone out there who can help or had a similar surgery as to me...
I’ve had 2xboys via emergency c -section which resulted me in having major surgery. Just over 20 months ago (May 2016) after the birth of my 2nd baby I had a huge incisional hernia of my abdominal wall repaired using a dissolvable mesh which covered my entire tummy up to my bust. I also had my rectus muscles sewn back up due to its separation.
I am desperate to have another baby & was wondering if anyone has had anything similar to what I’ve had & had a baby without needing surgery again?
The surgery & recovery was incredibly painful & long, & im still suffering from it now. It is not something I want to experience again or put my family through again as especially as I have 2 little boys to consider, but I am finding it very difficult to deal with the thought of not having another child. I’ve tried talking to my GP & even my surgeon, who both shrugged their shoulders as to whether I can have another baby.
Please if there’s anyone out there please get in touch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now