Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Long heavy period - anyone?

(3 Posts)
Lamby80 Wed 07-Feb-18 21:43:49

Hi
I have posted in here recently regarding a change in my periods but didn't get a response. I have a other question I hope you can help with. I started my period Friday or Saturday, can't remember, and it hasn't stopped. It's still so heavy and having up to 10 clots a day. No pain. Went to the doc last night and he wasn't concerned but this is so inconvenient! I'm flooding the bed, clothes, I'm feeling very conscious of it. Could this be menopause starting maybe? I'm 37. We go away next week and really hoping it stops. Note that this only started since ds2.

MistyMeadow Wed 07-Feb-18 21:46:11

Not quite the same as yours but also 37 with weird periods starting in the last year or so, about 12-14 days long, about 8 days of spotting, then about 24/36 hours of flooding and then about 2 days of spotting again.

Only 21 days in between as well! I did also wonder if it was age related, drives me mad!

Lamby80 Wed 07-Feb-18 21:53:21

Hi Misty, awful isn't it? This one is not letting up. Can a doc give something to stop it do you think? I'm escaping to the bathroom every half hour!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: