Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

First Smear Test Today!

(4 Posts)
GreenEyes101 Wed 07-Feb-18 14:08:10

Hi all,

I have my first smear test this afternoon and am just trying to brace myself for what it will be like! I’ve had STI tests in the past, is it quite similar?

Thanks in advance!

hotcrossbuns765 Wed 07-Feb-18 14:16:17

Well done for going for one! I've never had an STI test but it's painless, a bit uncomfortable but over in seconds. I would go for one every year if I could just to be reassured I didn't have cervical cancer as so much can change in 3 years. You may experience some slight period-like cramps after they've used the little 'brush' to sweep around your cervix but it doesn't last long x

GreenEyes101 Wed 07-Feb-18 14:21:16

@hotcrossbuns765 Thank you! Yes 3 years does seem a bit long alright. Just looking forward to getting it out of the way now! x

hotcrossbuns765 Wed 07-Feb-18 20:58:41

Hope it went well x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: