Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Blockage in saliva gland?

(3 Posts)
Fuckthathurts Wed 07-Feb-18 13:08:57

I've been suffering since Sunday with a suspected blockage in my paritod gland, I had this several months ago and it got better on its own but this time around I'm in agony, I can't swallow so I'm unable to eat. I've been referred for an ultrasound but that could take up to 2 weeks then if they find anything they may do a procedure to remove whatever's blocking it. (Calcium stone likely culprit) Any ideas what I can do until then? I can't swallow to eat and if I do manage to the saliva build up and it swells up like a bugger. Sorry for rambling I'm on strong painkillers and no food shock

Trailedanderror Wed 07-Feb-18 13:13:35

Eugh poor you! I had the same and lost 2 stone in 2 months. At least it's winter and you're less likely to get dehydrated. Dose up on painkillers and concentrate on fluids. I lived off soups tea, rice pudding. flowers

Fuckthathurts Wed 07-Feb-18 13:21:06

Well the weight loss sounds like a bonus! Good job I like tea, soup and rice pudding smile fingers crossed the ultrasound referred comes through quickly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: