Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Norovirus/ food poisoning? So so ill

(6 Posts)
lottieandmia22 Wed 07-Feb-18 11:42:57

I've been very ill with a severe stomach virus / food poisoning since Friday last week. I still can't eat with throwing it back up but can drink small amounts. I've never been so ill in my life. On Sunday I had paramedics come out to give me anti sickness shot & a drip.

I am still incredibly weak and unable to leave the house / occasionally still vomiting. Is this normal at this stage?
I'm autistic and have emetophobia so that isn't helping.

Should I go to the doctor again or just wait it out?

retirednow Wed 07-Feb-18 11:49:03

You will pass it around if you go to the doctor, have you called 111. You dont want to become dehydrated, are you still vomiting and got diarrhoea.

lottieandmia22 Wed 07-Feb-18 11:55:13

Yes that's what I feel. I don't want to spread it. I've called 111 earlier on in the illness & they sent paramedics out. I guess I am slowly recovering because I'm managing to sleep a little now.

lottieandmia22 Wed 07-Feb-18 11:55:40

I'm still occasionally vomiting - maybe twice a day.

retirednow Wed 07-Feb-18 12:23:48

Poor you, have you managed to eat and drink anything, ive had this before and its miserable.

lottieandmia22 Wed 07-Feb-18 13:00:00

I can drink small amounts and don't feel as dehydrated as I did at the weekend. I know, it's awful isn't it? sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now