Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

sharp pains in both armpits

(5 Posts)
Evizza Mon 05-Feb-18 23:01:02

Anyone have this? It comes and goes but has been happening for the past few days now. I've checked my boobs and there's nothing dodgy or different with them so not sure what's causing it. Anyone had similar?

dontbesillyhenry Mon 05-Feb-18 23:05:00

Glands? Do you have any viral symptoms?

Evizza Mon 05-Feb-18 23:37:16

No viral symptoms... I'm a real worrier with health issues and worried it's breast related, although with both pits being affected, I'm assuming it's not likely to be sinister...

dontbesillyhenry Wed 07-Feb-18 21:50:46

I wouldn't have thought so but keep an eye on it if it continues/gets worse etc

toomuchlikemyusername Thu 08-Mar-18 18:30:47

Spotted this although it's a month or so old but just wanted to add that I suffered something similar recently.

What worked for me was when
I stopped using antiperspirant for a few days, replaced washing my armpits with shower gel to proper bar soap and then swopped to a roll on deodorant. Sorted the symptoms almost overnight and within the week they were gone totally. I've switched back to a different spray antiperspirant now, but use a 24 hr one instead of a 48hr one. The one I used to use had changed from 24hr to 48hr and I hadn't noticed. I suspect that there was something in it that didn't agree with my armpits! Hope you have got this sorted by now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: