Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Sore nose

(9 Posts)
ladybirdie26 Fri 02-Feb-18 15:49:43

Such a random one but one nostril is extremely sore and painful at the bottom- like really hurts to touch, blow my nose, touch my nose from the outside, etc. Don't think it's dr worthy to be honest but anyone got any clue?
I've not had a cold or anything, it's not bogeys 🤢 it's just a bit red and crusty too!
Such a grim post sorry 🤮

loveyoutothemoon Fri 02-Feb-18 17:34:56

Cold sores?

BusterGonad Sat 03-Feb-18 09:05:30

I had this, I'd get it and have it for a few weeks, it'll go for a few weeks then return. I went to the doctor and it was a form of skin infection, MRSA. Well, the cream I had said it was for the purpose of eradicating MRSA up the nose. I used the cream and haven't had it since! TBH I was worried it might be cancer up my nose as it happened so much in the same spot!

BusterGonad Sat 03-Feb-18 09:07:35

Mine was tender, brought tears to my eyes when touched, it felt like (physically) like boogies layered up on top of each other. But they weren't as I couldn't remove them. It was just inside my nostril where it starts to become wet rather then dry skin!

ladybirdie26 Sat 03-Feb-18 13:26:56

@BusterGonad yes it's EXACTLY as you describe it.
Thank you maybe I should pop into drs Monday xx

BusterGonad Sat 03-Feb-18 13:49:26

Defiantly do, it's a painfully condition and very much worth a doctors visit. I've included a photo of the cream I got prescribed just in case it helps.

BusterGonad Wed 07-Feb-18 12:53:42

Did you get it sorted Op?

wilts09 Wed 07-Feb-18 19:39:42

@BusterGonad yes I went drs but it had got a little bit better so she couldn't really say a lot. It's completely gone now though?! Obvs go back if it comes back- it was so sore I couldn't believe. Xx

BusterGonad Wed 07-Feb-18 21:46:32

My doctor poked his magnifying thing up there but couldn't see it so he guessed what it might be and I think he was right as it's never come back. I'm glad yours is better op. It hurts like hell!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: