Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Low right pelvic pain

(14 Posts)
TowerRose Sat 13-Jan-18 22:12:54

Hi all, hopefully someone might be able to shed some light on this. Not sure if it's related or not, but for around 2 years I had a lot of generalised pelvic pain, sometimes it would be for no reason, sometimes it would be after sex. Had swabs done and examinations, all fine, or if there was something (at one point it was cervicitis I think?) it cleared up but the pain would always come back.

Now for the last year I've had on and off low right pelvic/groin pain that also shoots into my thighs, it can be so bad that I'm crying in a ball over it. It can happen every few weeks but can last anywhere between a day and a week. I've had an ultrasound scan but it came back clear, so the doctors don't seem concerned. Anyone have any ideas? fsmile

TowerRose Sat 13-Jan-18 22:20:39

Not sure why it's put the santa face there

sillysausage16 Sat 13-Jan-18 22:36:00

Is the pain sometimes felt in your back?

Jaxinthebox Sat 13-Jan-18 22:37:51

have you ever had an internal ultrasound? I have this pain and I have an Ovarian Cyst, just about to go and have another to see whats happening down 'there'

skinnyamericano Sat 13-Jan-18 22:38:19

Ovulation pain? Sometimes called ‘mittelschmerz’ I think. I really suffer from this - it’s far worse than period pain for me, and always in one side strangely.

TowerRose Sat 13-Jan-18 22:46:28

I'm on the implant so it shouldn't be ovulation pain. Very rarely have back pain with it unless its very bad, and then the back pain is very little in comparison. Not had an internal ultrasound, but they ruled out cysts from the regular ultrasound.

sillysausage16 Sat 13-Jan-18 22:49:38

I have a trapped nerve in my back which sometimes feels like it's my pelvis hurting. Could it be sciatica?

TowerRose Sat 13-Jan-18 23:07:07

Im not sure? The pain is 9/10 times only in my pelvis/groin, would it be more generalised to my back if it was sciatica?

sillysausage16 Sun 14-Jan-18 00:05:56

Not necessarily, sciatica doesn't always come with back pain

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 14-Jan-18 09:24:45

The one thing that has not been checked for here is endometriosis and that is not detected by swabs, blood tests or any internal ultrasound scans. Ongoing pelvic pain can be one of its symptoms.
Doing an external ultrasound was really of no benefit to you whatsoever. Are you currently under the care of a gynae; at the very least you ought to be seeing such a person rather than a GP.

I would keep a daily pain and symptom diary noting all pain particularly if you do not already do this. I would also push for answers; something is causing this to arise and it is certainly in your interests to find out what it is.

Havetohaveanewchufffingaccount Sun 14-Jan-18 09:28:33

I would say endometriosis, I have similar one sided pain which is cyclical. I can't do a lot while in the pain, also feel sick and have toiletting issues as well as bleeding.

Keep diary and go to gp. Ask for referral to gynaecologist. You can't see endometriosis on a scan.

TowerRose Sun 14-Jan-18 11:36:45

See this is frustrating, I only have access to a GP, and they flagged up that it could potentially be endometriosis or cysts, etc. They then told me they were sending me for a scan to see what's going on, I assumed endometriosis would show up, but now I can see that I was wrong?

Havetohaveanewchufffingaccount Sun 14-Jan-18 11:58:13

Look on endometriosis uk

Really useful site and I found it helpful while I decided which treatment to take x

Pinkywoo Sun 14-Jan-18 13:02:22

Also a pelvic scan does not rule out a cyst, mine was only visible on an internal ultrasound.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now