Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What shall I expect?

(7 Posts)
KizzyBear Sat 13-Jan-18 20:01:38

Ok so had a smear test, hospital called to say results are abnormal, attended an appointment to have a colospcopy and puncture biopsy and confirmed I have the HPV virus.

I received the results from biopsy to say it's CIN2 and have another appt next week. Can anyone give me an insight into what will happen? The letter says the doctor wants to talk over the results and treatment will be given on the day and they've included an information booklet but no booklet and no mention of what treatment I'll be having ?
Thankyou.

Seacow87 Sat 13-Jan-18 20:04:55

They are likely to discuss different ways to removing the dangerous cells. Lasers treatments, cutting them out etc.

KizzyBear Sat 13-Jan-18 20:16:01

Thanks @Seacow87
It says treatment given then. I don't know what I'm preparing mentally for if you know what I mean?
I don't even know what CIN 2 is, I've tried to find out but getting conflicting answers to be honest. My anxiety is playing havoc so never good to ask Dr Google! 😞

Seacow87 Sat 13-Jan-18 20:19:51

So CIN is graded 1-3. They are levels of PRE cancerous changes.
The treatment is most likely 1 or 2 procedured delivered directly to your cervix to remove these cells. Some people may require more frequent smears following this.
I had CIN3 treated in 2014, it was one laser treament and 3yrly smears.
Try not to worry. Hugely common. You will be fine. X

Seacow87 Sat 13-Jan-18 20:23:57

www.nhs.uk/conditions/colposcopy/

Hogtini Sat 13-Jan-18 20:25:12

I found the Jo's Trust website helpful when I was going through tests. Good luck flowers

KizzyBear Sat 13-Jan-18 20:35:39

Will I always have HPV? I must be asking stupid questions sorry.
This was my first smear, I'm 26.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now