Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Hair loss - wig recommendations

(3 Posts)
HufflePuffPuff Sat 13-Jan-18 01:08:30

I’ve just turned 30. Diagnosed with PCOS over a decade ago. Have been losing my hair at a steady rate over the past 7 years. Used to just break after a 2-3 inch growth. My crown has no split and is losing hair. There is no volume to it and it’s getting me down. It looks awful and no matter what my poor hairdresser does, it’s limp, split and won’t grow. Dr says my PCOS can have this affect on the hair and just to use natural shampoo, not wash it constantly and no hair products. But i was thinking about buying a wig. Is there anyone here who has bought a human hair wig? Or can recommend a website that’s legit? I’m not after a Nikki Monaj look. Just a simple black bob. Thank you

Hauntedlobster Sat 13-Jan-18 01:24:58

I had a real hair wig during cancer treatment and it was brilliant. Rather than buying a black wig though I was given a blonde one which I then took to the hairdressers and they dyed it and chopped into it. They come with something like 50% too much hair in them. If you do go down that route by a stand and use hair serum as it massively calms it down. I also wandered about with hats on indoors before going out which help it stay flat.

I’d recommend trying some cheap synthetic ones first to see how you get on, if you still have hair they tend to slip about.

I’m not an expert on them but you get ones you can pull your own hair through and lace front ones too. I found searching sheitel on eBay great for natural looking wigs.

I hope you find something that works for you flowers

MissTulipan Sat 13-Jan-18 08:31:55

Have a look on mynewhair.org

This is a legitimate site. Lots of info on there

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: