Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Silent reflux - what are your symptoms??

(10 Posts)
nuffsenuff Fri 12-Jan-18 20:15:08

I get:

Awful trapped wind
Hypersalivation
Chest pains
Heart burn
Regurgitation (occasionally)
Asthma symptoms

Anyone else??

Sunshine4677 Fri 12-Jan-18 20:58:59

Ok my symptoms are a cough, constant throat clearing, hoarse voice, and post nasal drip. It's strange what varied symptoms reflux can cause hmm I'm still trying to get my reflux under control 100% x

wfrances Sat 13-Jan-18 07:10:00

I have asthma symptoms,a horrible feeling like something is stuck in my throat,Chest pains and nausea. I’ve never had heartburn or indigestion (only in later stages of pregnancy)

lamettarules Sat 13-Jan-18 09:15:46

nuffsenuff - have you had this checked out by endoscopy ?

nuffsenuff Sat 13-Jan-18 10:54:35

Yeh a few years ago now. I'm under gastro/respiratory teams . It's just rubbish. Just had my ppi changed from lansoprazole to esoprazole (sp). I've also tried ranitidine and omeprazole over the years.

lyrebird1 Sat 13-Jan-18 11:13:33

I was told that mine is related to having a weak oesophageal sphincter, rather than an excess production of acid, so the tablets help with the heartburn but don't actually stop the reflux. My gastroenterologist has suggested an operation, either a fundoplication or a LINX procedure (not many places do that on the NHS though).

I burp all the time, wheeze, have a sore throat in the morning and have problems swallowing/aspirating liquids. I have an adjustable bed so sleep quite upright which helps a bit

nuffsenuff Sat 13-Jan-18 11:24:01

I'd love to burp all the time. I hypersalivate so swallow loads, gulp air and get trapped wind.

Magicme1 Sat 13-Jan-18 11:25:18

I have exact same symptoms as sunshine , the throat clearing and coughing can be really awful

GreatDuckCookery Sat 13-Jan-18 19:00:32

I feel like someone is pressing on my throat, difficulty swallowing and burping.

TenancyTroublesAgain Sun 14-Jan-18 00:04:19

Exact same as sunshine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now