Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ultra trapped wind - I'm a blimp

(15 Posts)
nuffsenuff Fri 12-Jan-18 18:00:51

Literally wish dh would stick a pin in me.

I get it all the time but this spell is something else. I know it's "just" trapped wind as been fully checked over - even ecg done yesterday. But my stomach isn't even bloated. The air is in my chest, back, shoulder, stomach I feel like helium.

I've tried:
Windeze ( a lot)
Charcoal (a lot)
Colpermin (minty poo anyone?)
Watching tv with my arse in the air

I can hear it sloshing around but it's stuck.

Help me.

loveyoutothemoon Fri 12-Jan-18 22:04:48

Hot cup of tea or anything hot!

Try gently pushing your tummy with your fist, in the area it's trapped, until you fart!

Lie down flat and relax, don't stress about it.

CycleHire Fri 12-Jan-18 22:10:22

Lie on your left hand side. Helps things move along.

frippit Fri 12-Jan-18 22:14:56

I've had this I think, you just have to sit still and relax. Eventually it kind of works it's way out. I found sitting upright less painful than sitting down.
My husband can't believe wind can give you pain in your shoulders and chest it even made my head ache.

Withhindsight Fri 12-Jan-18 22:14:58

Yes lie on left side, slowly bring knees towards chest, hands/arms clutching knees. Slowly rock from side to back and onto side again, then stretch out, repeat a few times to get things moving. Think peppermint tea is meant to help

furryelephant Fri 12-Jan-18 22:15:33

Go sit right in the middle of a crowded, silent library grin

furryelephant Fri 12-Jan-18 22:16:07

Sorry not helpful but all my helpful replies has been said grin

donajimena Fri 12-Jan-18 22:18:14

Ah the colpermin mentholated arse... been there. I was quite surprised by it!

DotCottonIsMyIdol Fri 12-Jan-18 22:23:18

I've recently been in hospital for an opp after the birth of my DS. I had the most awful trapped wind, it made my lungs hurt (!?). Mentioned it to the nurse and she got a a cup of very hot water with peppermint essence in it. I scoffed a bit thinking I'd need industrial strength something or other but I drank it and believe it or not it worked brilliantly.
I do suffer a bit usually and would have tried all the over the counter stuff you have to no avail but it just proves that sometimes simple and old school is the best.

ParadiseCity Fri 12-Jan-18 22:24:42

You tube yoga for trapped wind and try a few poses. Plus peppermint tea. You have my sympathy!!

Floralnomad Fri 12-Jan-18 22:28:22

Windy mixture we used to give in hospital , 1g of paracetamol, liquid peppermint and hot water , stir and drink .

nuffsenuff Sat 13-Jan-18 02:14:18

Update: a tiny fart came out. I woke dh to tell him grin I'm still a blimp though. I can't believe it gets stuck where it does.

Can I put s colpermin in hot water?

CommanderDaisy Sat 13-Jan-18 02:31:22

I had this so badly once I thought I was going to actually die, the pain was so bad.

I got a hot water bottle and clutched it to my guts , writhed and carried on whilst sitting on the loo, and also had that let out a little fart moment. I too called out to my DH in delight.
The little fart was followed a bigger one, that lasted forever and was the loudest thing EVER. It gave me the giggles, as did my husbands face - as he was keeping an eye on me due to me being convinced I was on the way out and might need hospital.

I was yowling with pain, then farting ( 30 seconds minimum length) and then giggling- repeat. This went on for an HOUR. By the end of it all , I was in hysterics, so was DH and my two sons.
All while still on loo, pants around ankles, hotwater bottle clutched to guts with an audience that included two dogs. The audience wandered off and back , depending on the volume level of the shrieking and farting.

The hot water bottle helped?
Damn it hurt though.

Greensleeves Sat 13-Jan-18 02:42:23

Lie on your back, hot water bottle on your tummy and gently cycle your legs.

Works for me when I scoff too many diabetic sweeties and end up like Marge Dursley blush

Cornishmumofone Sat 13-Jan-18 03:31:30

Have you asked your partner to give you some firm slaps between the shoulder blades (like winding a baby)?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now