Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

In agony, gallstones? IBS?

(6 Posts)
Lovemusic33 Fri 12-Jan-18 12:47:24

Last week I posted thinking I had some kind of virus, stomach pains, diarhea and feeling dizzy, since then I have recovered and then had another short bout. This morning I woke up in pain, had to go to the loo quickly, I took an Imodium and went to the gym (probably not the best idea), I have tried to eat several times but I’m in pain within minutes of eating ( left hand side), it’s so painful that it hurts when I breathe. I have a doctors appointment for 5pm. I have had bouts of IBS in the past but not this painful. Could it be gallstones/gallbladder?

Lovemusic33 Fri 12-Jan-18 15:25:00

Kahlua4me Fri 12-Jan-18 19:39:32

How did you get on with gp? I think there is a bug going around like this at the moment, lots of children at dd’s school off with same symptoms, including dd.

Lovemusic33 Sat 13-Jan-18 09:20:42

GP said probably a viral thing, pain is in my stomach not my bowel so not IBS apparently. I’m feeling a bit better this morning and have eaten breakfast without being in pain.

RestingBitchFaced Sat 13-Jan-18 09:51:56

If it was gallstones there's no way you would have been in the gym - worst pain I have ever had. It's right under your ribcage near the middle, or slightly to the right of middle

Purplerain101 Sat 13-Jan-18 09:57:20

Doesn’t sound like gallstones as they are often felt more on the right side and you would be bed ridden during an attack. My friend thought she was dying with hers and couldn’t stand up for hours.
Could it maybe be a stomach ulcer or really bad trapped wind (both can be excruciating and cause dizzinsss and nausea too).
Hopefully it’s just a stomach virus that will go away completely in a few days

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now