Talk

Advanced search

Low oxalate diet for urinary stones

(4 Posts)
pollywollydoodle Wed 03-Jan-18 08:54:32

Help, Is anyone on a low oxalate diet to reduce bladder stone formation?

I had a suprapubic catheter fitted a year ago and have had to go to hospital 3 times to have it changed as the district nurses couldn’t remove it. This time a consultant removed it and showed me what he said was stone forming around the end

He advised no chocolate, limited tea and coffee, taking drinks with fresh lemon (all of which I’ve done) and as a throwaway as he left the room , a low oxalate diet.

Everything I eat seems to be high in oxalates leafy veg, root veg, nuts, seeds, beans, legumes, whole grains, white flour, tomato based sauces, Soya milk..argh
Luckily I like to eat chicken, fish and seafood, eggs and yoghurt...what do you have with them apart from white rice?

I read that having calcium in your diet balances the oxalates out? So does putting cheese on my pasta sauce cancel out the oxalates in it and make it okay?
I’d be grateful for any help

OP’s posts: |
pollywollydoodle Wed 03-Jan-18 13:50:13

Bump

pollywollydoodle Wed 03-Jan-18 19:07:11

Bump

PollyIndia Wed 07-Aug-19 21:06:30

This is an old thread but if you are still out there, I have kidney stones from high oxalate and I found Jill Harris on Facebook who has a definitive list and has been helpful.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »