Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Adult hand foot and mouth

(8 Posts)
lauryloo Sun 17-Dec-17 19:18:42

Lo has just had hand foot and mouth in the past week.

Today my throat is so sore it hurts to talk and swallow and I have white spots on one side.

Is it likely to be h,f & m or just an unlucky coincidence

LookingForwardToChristmas Sun 17-Dec-17 19:24:21

Hate to say it, but probably not a coincidence. No matter what the NHS says about HFM, it is horrible! Hope you make a quick recovery.

lauryloo Sun 17-Dec-17 20:20:45

Thanks

It’s so sore, I hate the thoughts of the lo being in this much pain. She’s non verbal too so can’t even tell me what’s wrong. #mumguilt

muffyduffster Sun 17-Dec-17 21:28:35

I had it when our baby did and felt fluey and dizzy... no spots for me though, but felt horrid.

Callamia Sun 17-Dec-17 21:30:22

We had it when my son was about 18m. He was mildly unwell and had a few spots. He didn’t have any mouth symptoms. I had a mouthful of ulcers, and was in so much pain for a week. You have all my sympathy. It is just a week though - honest.

PonderLand Sun 17-Dec-17 21:37:16

I also got it when my ds had it and it was the worst illness I've ever had. I had blisters all over my hands, feet and face and I couldn't use my hands at all until the blisters scabbed over. Luckily I had none in my mouth. It was awful, if you get blisters on your body don't touch them with warm/hot water, it feels like scalding hot water and stings afterwards like a burn would. Ouch sad you have my sympathy.

LookingForwardToChristmas Sun 17-Dec-17 22:02:59

Don’t have mum guilt. I’m fairly certain that adults get it far far worse than children do, like they do with other viruses like chickenpox etc.

lauryloo Tue 19-Dec-17 19:11:24

Turns out I have tonsillitis! Never had it before and it really hurts

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now