Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Gas central heating and coughing

(9 Posts)
shelly04 Fri 15-Dec-17 16:34:51

just realised that I may have weakness to gas central heating. I moved to my flat nearly two years ago and thought it was due to people smoking outside or maybe in their flats. It was intermittent sometimes lasted few days then nothing.

I am in a new job and the last few days i am having the same reaction so i now know I am sensitive to gas central heating..i believe..

DesignedForLife Sat 16-Dec-17 23:04:15

Have you got a carbon monoxide monitor? It would be a good idea to go get one. I've never heard anyone have their gas central heating cause coughing.

JaneEyre70 Sat 16-Dec-17 23:13:31

I'd get your boiler checked. My aunty nearly died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

shelly04 Sun 17-Dec-17 11:16:30

Yes I have and I got everything checked just few weeks ago..

shelly04 Sun 17-Dec-17 11:17:44

Hi yeah all above board got checked few weeks ago like I said it's having at work also.. So no clue I guess I'm just sensitive

JaneEyre70 Sun 17-Dec-17 11:42:41

It could just be dry air - when one of my DDs was poorly she often had croup and we used to put a wet towel on the radiator to put some moisture into the air and I still sometimes do it if someone has a cough. Or you could try getting a humidifier to put some moisture in the room? My dad always keeps a bowl of water in his lounge as he says he coughs with the heating on.

shelly04 Sun 17-Dec-17 12:48:52

Ok cool thanks for the tip think that's what needed as sometimes it's worse than other days cheers

gobbin Sun 17-Dec-17 15:51:45

Yes, dry air. A bowl of water in your living room somewhere will help (could be decorative if needed). As a child we always had a pretty jug of water on the hearth that the cat used to drink from.

Twopeapods Sun 17-Dec-17 20:56:21

My DH is terrible with congestion going between hot and cold temperatures. He is such a sneezy person. And poor DH I get so annoyed with him even though he can't control it.
A cool mist humidifier should help.
We went to vegas during summer once and it was a nightmare.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: