Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.


(3 Posts)
Bonosglasses Thu 07-Dec-17 20:37:22

Finally got the last of my blood results back - rheumatoid factor is abnormal. If this is added to an anti-CCP of 198 and ESR and CRP being 4 x higher than they should be, does this mean I have RA. Have got an rheumatology appt next month when hopefully they can confirm a diagnosis. Just wondering in the meantime.

FancyPuffin Fri 08-Dec-17 08:14:25

Anti CCP and Rheumatoid Factor can be used to confirm a diagnosis (sero-positive RA which I have).

It would be used alongside clinical signs like joint swelling, morning stiffness and joint pain. The consultant would also probably want to do X-rays and ultrasound to see if there is any damage.

Hope it goes okay, I don know some pretty good Facebook groups if you get diagnosed that can help answer medication questions etc.


Bonosglasses Fri 08-Dec-17 09:40:06

Thank you fancypuffin. I've got some joint swelling, the reason I went to GP in the first place, and morning stiffness and pain in hands, fingers, elbows, shoulders, back and feet. (I'm a mess lol.)

I might be in touch re the Facebook groups 😊

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: