Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

how often can i get a repeat prescription

(7 Posts)
mercurymaze Wed 06-Dec-17 18:04:52

is there a limit? I just need the same tablets (for allergies) i've been prescribed for a couple of years but had 6 months where I didn't need them. Now i do need them again sad

I have emailed but would i be expected to go and see a dr again, i really can't miss any work as new job.

Skyllo30 Wed 06-Dec-17 18:06:52

Depends if they’re on your “repeat” list at the surgery. If not you might need an appointment.

poisonedbypen Wed 06-Dec-17 18:07:09

Call the surgery, I'm sure it will be fine.

Skyllo30 Wed 06-Dec-17 18:08:13

Most surgeries offer evening appointments once a week. What’s the mediation? You can get cetirizine and loratadine very cheaply in Poundland etc (don’t buy from
Boots!) that might plug the gap.

JollyGiraffe Wed 06-Dec-17 18:09:08

Are you able to buy them over the counter in the meantime?

mercurymaze Wed 06-Dec-17 18:13:48

fexofenadine don't think i can get them over the counter

JollyGiraffe Wed 06-Dec-17 18:16:30

Ah, no you can't unfortunately.

Give the surgery a call in the morning, and theyll be able to tell you if you can order it smile (from memory I think you need an appointment if ntnordered in a year...but don't quote me on that as different policies for different surgeries!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now