Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sore boob - should I be worried?

(4 Posts)
noitsnotteatimeyet Wed 06-Dec-17 08:58:08

Yesterday I realised my left breast was very sore. There’s a tender lump above the nipple and a sort of dragging feeling going into my armpit as if I’ve pulled a muscle. The tender bit feels just like blocked milk ducts used to when I was breastfeeding but that stopped about 12 years ago so presumably can’t be that ... I had a mammogram last year and got recalled because of what turned out to be cysts. I don’t know if I’m anywhere near my period as I’ve had a mirena coil for years and years and don’t normally have lumpy breasts at any time of the month. I am presumably peri-menopausal but earlier this year I had blood tests repeated after 6 weeks which showed I was still not in the menopause.

Should I get this checked out straight away or wait a while to see if it settles down? I work in a health charity which may be skewing my anxiety levels ...

Polly99 Wed 06-Dec-17 09:01:58

I’d get that checked, not because I think it’s likely to be sinister, but because there’s no way of knowing what it is without someone with medical training taking a look.
Then if it is something that will self-resolve you won’t worry if it happens again.

Dodie66 Wed 06-Dec-17 09:11:04

I’d get t checked out if I were you. Better to be safe.

noitsnotteatimeyet Thu 07-Dec-17 09:42:37

It got much more painful over the course of yesterday so I saw the gp this morning. Probably an infection of some kind so I’m on antibiotics for a week but have also been referred to the breast clinic on a two week referral just in case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now