Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Missing period but cramps

(9 Posts)
SnowBallsAreHere Tue 05-Dec-17 08:17:20

I’m getting a little annoyed with it now.

Normally very regular.
Two weeks late in December and August which is unusual for me.
Recently turned 40.
Rarely have cramps since copper coil removed a couple of years ago.
For the last 5 days I’ve been having very painful cramping, only relived by heat and strong painkillers. App says I’m 2 days late.
It was enough to keep me awake last night, and only cocodamol finally eased it.
All pain is on the left hand side.

Do you think I need to see the dr, or just wait it out?

SnowBallsAreHere Tue 05-Dec-17 08:23:39

Oh, and zero chance of pregnancy as DH had a vasectomy.

mumof06darlings Tue 05-Dec-17 16:54:59

I have been the same and am going for an ultrasound Thursday morning.

DubiousCredentials Tue 05-Dec-17 17:28:41

I have pain like this and it’s from an ovarian cyst and poss endo. Worth a gp visit if it carries on.

SnowBallsAreHere Tue 05-Dec-17 18:17:05

I had an ovarian cyst and PID from my coil a couple of years ago and felt bloody awful then. But it was a constant pain.
I’ve barely managed to move out of bed today & that is with alternating painkillers every 2 hours
Not sure I can face the drs again. I always seem to be there about something pelvic. Fed up with being examined and touched.

PollyPerky Tue 05-Dec-17 19:26:06

have you ever been referred to a gynae? assume so if you had a cyst.

SnowBallsAreHere Tue 05-Dec-17 19:47:20

No, not really. I was treated as an inpatient on the womens ward, and only saw the on call gynae once, maybe twice during the week I was in.

Mary1935 Wed 06-Dec-17 00:25:51

I've had missed periods but very bad period pain - it was the start of the menopause for me - but I was 50 at the time. Sometimes the pain went on for weeks but it all seems to have settled now.

SnowBallsAreHere Wed 06-Dec-17 19:32:36

Hmmm. Well that’s another thing to look forward to with the menopause, but I hope at 40 I’m not quite there yet!
I’m back on codeine and paracetamol again today. I’m probably a week late (app mis-averaged due to my being late in August) and have been having strong cramps all week. And no sign of my period whatsoever.
Bollocks, am going to have to make a drs appointment aren’t I?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now