Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Do I go to the Dr with this?

(5 Posts)
2ndSopranos Mon 04-Dec-17 22:09:45

I had a bad fall six months ago. Chunk out of my knee, two lots of antibiotics, two lots of specialist treatment with a wound care nurse. It wasn't stitched (too ragged) but left to heal.

It seemed fine, but about a month ago what I can only describe as a blister formed over the top. That's rubbed off and now I have a scab and it's bloody painful. I can't kneel on it. Do I go back to the Dr?

Kahlua4me Mon 04-Dec-17 22:43:32

Yes, I think you will need to get somebody to check it. Perhaps the nurse at your surgery as the first point of call.

JohnHunter Tue 05-Dec-17 18:39:25

Seeing your practice nurse sounds like a good idea. I see a lot of patients come back with knee wounds that have scabbed over and are painful. It's probably not infected if there isn't any redness but - for some reason - healing wounds in that area seem to hurt for quite a while.

What did you fall on? Could there be something (e.g. a piece of gravel) trapped in the healing wound?

2ndSopranos Tue 05-Dec-17 20:24:02

Yes, good idea re nurse.

It was x rayed at the time after unbelievably painful irrigation and it appeared clear. I think it doesn't help that it's right on my knee so is irritated whenever I move it. I was given precautionary antibiotics at the time then it got badly infected three weeks later so I had another lot. The wound care nurse said it was finally healed over in July but it seems fragile iswim?

It was, ironically, a running injury. Exercise is bad for you!

2ndSopranos Tue 05-Dec-17 20:24:36

Sorry to answer the question I fell on a pavement.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: