Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sudden bleeding on cerelle after years of no periods

(4 Posts)
ScarlettDarling Mon 04-Dec-17 19:46:25

I've been on Cerelle, a progesterone only mini pill, for about 10 years and have only had very infrequent, very light bleeding on it. However I started bleeding over two weeks ago and had a much heavier period than I've ever had on this pill. It seemed to end after about four days, but then I started spotting again two days later and then have come on again today quite heavily!

I'm starting to get worried now to be honest. I have health anxiety anyway and keep worrying that this is a symptom of something awful, not just down to the pill I'm on, esp as my last smear (about a year ago,) showed borderline abnormal cells. I was told this was nothing to worry about though as the cells were clear of hpv so there was no real risk of them becoming cancerous.

I've got a gp appointment but it's not until Dec 20th and am starting to really panic about this. Anyone else had an experience like this on Cerelle?

Kleokat Mon 04-Dec-17 19:48:35

That happened to me I had 4 years of no period at all then suddenly one day it started and didn't stop unroll I came off the pill 4 months later. No idea why it changed so suddenly. I've tried to go back on it since and i bleed non stop every timw so I've given up confused I suppose I was lucky to have 4 years with no period at all

ScarlettDarling Mon 04-Dec-17 20:46:34

That's reassuring Kleokat, thanks.

If it's just the Cerelle, well, I can cope with that. It's been amazing being period free for ten years though! I had kind of hoped it would see me right through to the menopause!

ScarlettDarling Tue 05-Dec-17 18:14:22

Bumping in the hope that other people might have similar experiences.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now