Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Does anyone have a clue - inflammatory markers blood results

(6 Posts)
Bonosglasses Mon 04-Dec-17 19:35:45

Had loads of blood tests lately. Got most of the results back. Only waiting for autoimmune antibody results. GP rang me today to discuss results. He said that one of them was extremely high. It has a range of 0-10 and my result was 198. I can't remember which test this was. Think he said the word 'crit'. I know I'm clutching at straws but does anyone have any idea what test this would be? Thank you

5BlueHydrangea Mon 04-Dec-17 19:39:05

Haematocrit is the only one I can think of. Not sure how to interpret any results though.

bookworm14 Mon 04-Dec-17 19:40:30

Could be C-reactive protein (CRP): www.healthline.com/health/c-reactive-protein

It’s a protein which increases in level if there is inflammation somewhere in the body. Loads of things can cause it to be raised, including various autoimmune conditions. 198 would be very high, but don’t panic (easy to say, I know). When are you seeing the doctor again?

Bonosglasses Mon 04-Dec-17 19:53:41

Thank you for your replies. This result is separate to the ESR and CRP, which are four times what they should be apparently!

Will be back to see the GP for the autoimmune antibody results but don't know when that will be as GP said they can take quite a while.

Rainbowandraindrops67 Mon 04-Dec-17 23:47:15

Cretinine? The test of kidney failure/function?

ExtraSpecial1 Tue 05-Dec-17 00:05:40

Creatinine

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: